How many syllables in Faith
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - Belief; the assent of the mind to the truth of what is
declared by another, resting solely and implicitly on his authority and
veracity; reliance on testimony.
- n. - The assent of the mind to the statement or proposition of
another, on the ground of the manifest truth of what he utters; firm
and earnest belief, on probable evidence of any kind, especially in
regard to important moral truth.
- n. - The belief in the historic truthfulness of the Scripture
narrative, and the supernatural origin of its teachings, sometimes
called historical and speculative faith.
- n. - The belief in the facts and truth of the Scriptures, with a
practical love of them; especially, that confiding and affectionate
belief in the person and work of Christ, which affects the character
and life, and makes a man a true Christian, -- called a practical,
evangelical, or saving faith.
- n. - That which is believed on any subject, whether in science,
politics, or religion; especially (Theol.), a system of religious
belief of any kind; as, the Jewish or Mohammedan faith; and especially,
the system of truth taught by Christ; as, the Christian faith; also,
the creed or belief of a Christian society or church.
- n. - Fidelity to one's promises, or allegiance to duty, or to a
person honored and beloved; loyalty.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?