How many syllables in Faint
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- superl. - Lacking strength; weak; languid; inclined to swoon; as,
faint with fatigue, hunger, or thirst.
- superl. - Wanting in courage, spirit, or energy; timorous;
cowardly; dejected; depressed; as, "Faint heart ne'er won fair lady."
- superl. - Lacking distinctness; hardly perceptible; striking the
senses feebly; not bright, or loud, or sharp, or forcible; weak; as, a
faint color, or sound.
- superl. - Performed, done, or acted, in a weak or feeble manner;
not exhibiting vigor, strength, or energy; slight; as, faint efforts;
- n. - The act of fainting, or the state of one who has fainted; a
swoon. [R.] See Fainting, n.
- v. i. - To become weak or wanting in vigor; to grow feeble; to
lose strength and color, and the control of the bodily or mental
functions; to swoon; -- sometimes with away. See Fainting, n.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?