How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - Seriousness; reality; fixed determination; eagerness;
- a. - Ardent in the pursuit of an object; eager to obtain or do;
zealous with sincerity; with hearty endeavor; heartfelt; fervent;
hearty; -- used in a good sense; as, earnest prayers.
- a. - Intent; fixed closely; as, earnest attention.
- a. - Serious; important.
- v. t. - To use in earnest.
- n. - Something given, or a part paid beforehand, as a pledge;
pledge; handsel; a token of what is to come.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?