How many syllables in Drive
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To impel or urge onward by force in a direction away from
one, or along before one; to push forward; to compel to move on; to
communicate motion to; as, to drive cattle; to drive a nail; smoke
drives persons from a room.
- v. t. - To urge on and direct the motions of, as the beasts which
draw a vehicle, or the vehicle borne by them; hence, also, to take in a
carriage; to convey in a vehicle drawn by beasts; as, to drive a pair
of horses or a stage; to drive a person to his own door.
- v. t. - To urge, impel, or hurry forward; to force; to constrain;
to urge, press, or bring to a point or state; as, to drive a person by
necessity, by persuasion, by force of circumstances, by argument, and
- v. t. - To carry or; to keep in motion; to conduct; to prosecute.
- v. t. - To clear, by forcing away what is contained.
- v. t. - To dig Horizontally; to cut a horizontal gallery or
1 Syllable Words Starting with?