How many syllables in Drill
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To pierce or bore with a drill, or a with a drill; to
perforate; as, to drill a hole into a rock; to drill a piece of metal.
- v. t. - To train in the military art; to exercise diligently, as
soldiers, in military evolutions and exercises; hence, to instruct
thoroughly in the rudiments of any art or branch of knowledge; to
- v. i. - To practice an exercise or exercises; to train one's
- n. - An instrument with an edged or pointed end used for making
holes in hard substances; strictly, a tool that cuts with its end, by
revolving, as in drilling metals, or by a succession of blows, as in
drilling stone; also, a drill press.
- n. - The act or exercise of training soldiers in the military
art, as in the manual of arms, in the execution of evolutions, and the
like; hence, diligent and strict instruction and exercise in the
rudiments and methods of any business; a kind or method of military
exercises; as, infantry drill; battalion drill; artillery drill.
- n. - Any exercise, physical or mental, enforced with regularity
and by constant repetition; as, a severe drill in Latin grammar.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?