How many syllables in Drag
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A confection; a comfit; a drug.
- v. t. - To draw slowly or heavily onward; to pull along the ground
by main force; to haul; to trail; -- applied to drawing heavy or
resisting bodies or those inapt for drawing, with labor, along the
ground or other surface; as, to drag stone or timber; to drag a net in
- v. t. - To break, as land, by drawing a drag or harrow over it; to
harrow; to draw a drag along the bottom of, as a stream or other water;
hence, to search, as by means of a drag.
- v. t. - To draw along, as something burdensome; hence, to pass in
pain or with difficulty.
- v. i. - To be drawn along, as a rope or dress, on the ground; to
trail; to be moved onward along the ground, or along the bottom of the
sea, as an anchor that does not hold.
- v. i. - To move onward heavily, laboriously, or slowly; to advance
with weary effort; to go on lingeringly.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?