How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. - To deduct from an account, debt, charge, and the like; to
make an abatement of; as, merchants sometimes discount five or six per
cent for prompt payment of bills.
- v. - To lend money upon, deducting the discount or allowance
for interest; as, the banks discount notes and bills of exchange.
- v. - To take into consideration beforehand; to anticipate and
form conclusions concerning (an event).
- v. - To leave out of account; to take no notice of.
- v. i. - To lend, or make a practice of lending, money, abating
the discount; as, the discount for sixty or ninety days.
- v. t. - A counting off or deduction made from a gross sum on
any account whatever; an allowance upon an account, debt, demand, price
asked, and the like; something taken or deducted.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?