How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A failing or failure; omission of that which ought to be
done; neglect to do what duty or law requires; as, this evil has
happened through the governor's default.
- n. - Fault; offense; ill deed; wrong act; failure in virtue or
- n. - A neglect of, or failure to take, some step necessary to
secure the benefit of law, as a failure to appear in court at a day
assigned, especially of the defendant in a suit when called to make
answer; also of jurors, witnesses, etc.
- v. i. - To fail in duty; to offend.
- v. i. - To fail in fulfilling a contract, agreement, or duty.
- v. i. - To fail to appear in court; to let a case go by
2 Syllable Words Starting with?