How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A soft, downy substance, resembling fine wool, consisting
of the unicellular twisted hairs which grow on the seeds of the cotton
plant. Long-staple cotton has a fiber sometimes almost two inches long;
short-staple, from two thirds of an inch to an inch and a half.
- n. - The cotton plant. See Cotten plant, below.
- n. - Cloth made of cotton.
- v. i. - To rise with a regular nap, as cloth does.
- v. i. - To go on prosperously; to succeed.
- v. i. - To unite; to agree; to make friends; -- usually followed
2 Syllable Words Starting with?