How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To fall upon with force; to assail, as with force and
arms; to assault.
- v. t. - To assail with unfriendly speech or writing; to begin a
controversy with; to attempt to overthrow or bring into disrepute, by
criticism or satire; to censure; as, to attack a man, or his opinions,
in a pamphlet.
- v. t. - To set to work upon, as upon a task or problem, or some
object of labor or investigation.
- v. t. - To begin to affect; to begin to act upon, injuriously or
destructively; to begin to decompose or waste.
- v. i. - To make an onset or attack.
- n. - The act of attacking, or falling on with force or violence;
an onset; an assault; -- opposed to defense.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?