How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To examine the character or qualities of, as of two or
more persons or things, for the purpose of discovering their
resemblances or differences; to bring into comparison; to regard with
- v. t. - To represent as similar, for the purpose of
illustration; to liken.
- v. t. - To inflect according to the degrees of comparison; to
state positive, comparative, and superlative forms of; as, most
adjectives of one syllable are compared by affixing "- er" and "-est"
to the positive form; as, black, blacker, blackest; those of more than
one syllable are usually compared by prefixing "more" and "most", or
"less" and "least", to the positive; as, beautiful, more beautiful,
- v. i. - To be like or equal; to admit, or be worthy of,
comparison; as, his later work does not compare with his earlier.
- v. i. - To vie; to assume a likeness or equality.
- n. - Comparison.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?