How many syllables in Clam
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - A bivalve mollusk of many kinds, especially those that are
edible; as, the long clam (Mya arenaria), the quahog or round clam
(Venus mercenaria), the sea clam or hen clam (Spisula solidissima), and
other species of the United States. The name is said to have been given
originally to the Tridacna gigas, a huge East Indian bivalve.
- v. t. - Strong pinchers or forceps.
- v. t. - A kind of vise, usually of wood.
- v. t. - To clog, as with glutinous or viscous matter.
- v. i. - To be moist or glutinous; to stick; to adhere.
- n. - Claminess; moisture.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?