How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A written evidence in due form of things done or granted,
contracts made, etc., between man and man; a deed, or conveyance.
- n. - An instrument in writing, from the sovereign power of a
state or country, executed in due form, bestowing rights, franchises,
- n. - An act of a legislative body creating a municipal or other
corporation and defining its powers and privileges. Also, an instrument
in writing from the constituted authorities of an order or society (as
the Freemasons), creating a lodge and defining its powers.
- n. - A special privilege, immunity, or exemption.
- n. - The letting or hiring a vessel by special contract, or the
contract or instrument whereby a vessel is hired or let; as, a ship is
offered for sale or charter. See Charter party, below.
- v. t. - To establish by charter.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?