How many syllables in Carry
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To convey or transport in any manner from one place to
another; to bear; -- often with away or off.
- v. t. - To have or hold as a burden, while moving from place to
place; to have upon or about one's person; to bear; as, to carry a
wound; to carry an unborn child.
- v. t. - To move; to convey by force; to impel; to conduct; to
lead or guide.
- v. t. - To transfer from one place (as a country, book, or
column) to another; as, to carry the war from Greece into Asia; to
carry an account to the ledger; to carry a number in adding figures.
- v. t. - To convey by extension or continuance; to extend; as, to
carry the chimney through the roof; to carry a road ten miles farther.
- v. t. - To bear or uphold successfully through conflict, as a
leader or principle; hence, to succeed in, as in a contest; to bring to
a successful issue; to win; as, to carry an election.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?