How many syllables in Card
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A piece of pasteboard, or thick paper, blank or prepared for
various uses; as, a playing card; a visiting card; a card of
invitation; pl. a game played with cards.
- n. - A published note, containing a brief statement, explanation,
request, expression of thanks, or the like; as, to put a card in the
newspapers. Also, a printed programme, and (fig.), an attraction or
inducement; as, this will be a good card for the last day of the fair.
- n. - A paper on which the points of the compass are marked; the
dial or face of the mariner's compass.
- n. - A perforated pasteboard or sheet-metal plate for warp
threads, making part of the Jacquard apparatus of a loom. See Jacquard.
- n. - An indicator card. See under Indicator.
- v. i. - To play at cards; to game.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?