How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To receive from another as a loan, with the implied or
expressed intention of returning the identical article or its
equivalent in kind; -- the opposite of lend.
- v. t. - To take (one or more) from the next higher denomination
in order to add it to the next lower; -- a term of subtraction when the
figure of the subtrahend is larger than the corresponding one of the
- v. t. - To copy or imitate; to adopt; as, to borrow the style,
manner, or opinions of another.
- v. t. - To feign or counterfeit.
- v. t. - To receive; to take; to derive.
- n. - Something deposited as security; a pledge; a surety; a
2 Syllable Words Starting with?