How many syllables in Boom
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A long pole or spar, run out for the purpose of extending the
bottom of a particular sail; as, the jib boom, the studding-sail boom,
- n. - A long spar or beam, projecting from the mast of a derrick,
from the outer end of which the body to be lifted is suspended.
- n. - A pole with a conspicuous top, set up to mark the channel in
a river or harbor.
- n. - A strong chain cable, or line of spars bound together,
extended across a river or the mouth of a harbor, to obstruct
navigation or passage.
- n. - A line of connected floating timbers stretched across a
river, or inclosing an area of water, to keep saw logs, etc., from
- v. t. - To extend, or push, with a boom or pole; as, to boom out a
sail; to boom off a boat.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?