How many syllables in Black
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- a. - Destitute of light, or incapable of reflecting it; of the
color of soot or coal; of the darkest or a very dark color, the
opposite of white; characterized by such a color; as, black cloth;
black hair or eyes.
- a. - In a less literal sense: Enveloped or shrouded in darkness;
very dark or gloomy; as, a black night; the heavens black with clouds.
- a. - Fig.: Dismal, gloomy, or forbidding, like darkness;
destitute of moral light or goodness; atrociously wicked; cruel;
mournful; calamitous; horrible.
- a. - Expressing menace, or discontent; threatening; sullen;
foreboding; as, to regard one with black looks.
- adv. - Sullenly; threateningly; maliciously; so as to produce
- n. - That which is destitute of light or whiteness; the darkest
color, or rather a destitution of all color; as, a cloth has a good
1 Syllable Words Starting with?