How many syllables in Bite
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To seize with the teeth, so that they enter or nip the
thing seized; to lacerate, crush, or wound with the teeth; as, to bite
an apple; to bite a crust; the dog bit a man.
- v. t. - To puncture, abrade, or sting with an organ (of some
insects) used in taking food.
- v. t. - To cause sharp pain, or smarting, to; to hurt or injure,
in a literal or a figurative sense; as, pepper bites the mouth.
- v. t. - To cheat; to trick; to take in.
- v. t. - To take hold of; to hold fast; to adhere to; as, the
anchor bites the ground.
- v. i. - To seize something forcibly with the teeth; to wound with
the teeth; to have the habit of so doing; as, does the dog bite?
1 Syllable Words Starting with?