How many syllables in Bead
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A prayer.
- n. - A little perforated ball, to be strung on a thread, and worn
for ornament; or used in a rosary for counting prayers, as by Roman
Catholics and Mohammedans, whence the phrases to tell beads, to at
one's beads, to bid beads, etc., meaning, to be at prayer.
- n. - Any small globular body
- n. - A bubble in spirits.
- n. - A drop of sweat or other liquid.
- n. - A small knob of metal on a firearm, used for taking aim
(whence the expression to draw a bead, for, to take aim).
1 Syllable Words Starting with?