How many syllables in Balk
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. i. - A ridge of land left unplowed between furrows, or at the
end of a field; a piece missed by the plow slipping aside.
- v. i. - A great beam, rafter, or timber; esp., the tie-beam of a
house. The loft above was called "the balks."
- v. i. - One of the beams connecting the successive supports of a
trestle bridge or bateau bridge.
- v. i. - A hindrance or disappointment; a check.
- v. i. - A sudden and obstinate stop; a failure.
- v. i. - A deceptive gesture of the pitcher, as if to deliver the
1 Syllable Words Starting with?