How many syllables in Axis
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - The spotted deer (Cervus axis or Axis maculata) of India,
where it is called hog deer and parrah (Moorish name).
- n. - A straight line, real or imaginary, passing through a body,
on which it revolves, or may be supposed to revolve; a line passing
through a body or system around which the parts are symmetrically
- n. - A straight line with respect to which the different parts of
a magnitude are symmetrically arranged; as, the axis of a cylinder, i.
e., the axis of a cone, that is, the straight line joining the vertex
and the center of the base; the axis of a circle, any straight line
passing through the center.
- n. - The stem; the central part, or longitudinal support, on which
organs or parts are arranged; the central line of any body.
- n. - The second vertebra of the neck, or vertebra dentata.
- n. - Also used of the body only of the vertebra, which is
prolonged anteriorly within the foramen of the first vertebra or atlas,
so as to form the odontoid process or peg which serves as a pivot for
the atlas and head to turn upon.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?