How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A violent onset or attack with physical means, as blows,
weapons, etc.; an onslaught; the rush or charge of an attacking force;
onset; as, to make assault upon a man, a house, or a town.
- n. - A violent onset or attack with moral weapons, as words,
arguments, appeals, and the like; as, to make an assault on the
prerogatives of a prince, or on the constitution of a government.
- n. - An apparently violent attempt, or willful offer with force
or violence, to do hurt to another; an attempt or offer to beat
another, accompanied by a degree of violence, but without touching his
person, as by lifting the fist, or a cane, in a threatening manner, or
by striking at him, and missing him. If the blow aimed takes effect, it
is a battery.
- n. - To make an assault upon, as by a sudden rush of armed men;
to attack with unlawful or insulting physical violence or menaces.
- n. - To attack with moral means, or with a view of producing
moral effects; to attack by words, arguments, or unfriendly measures;
to assail; as, to assault a reputation or an administration.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?