How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - The act of applying or laying on, in a literal sense;
as, the application of emollients to a diseased limb.
- n. - The thing applied.
- n. - The act of applying as a means; the employment of
means to accomplish an end; specific use.
- n. - The act of directing or referring something to a
particular case, to discover or illustrate agreement or disagreement,
fitness, or correspondence; as, I make the remark, and leave you to
make the application; the application of a theory.
- n. - Hence, in specific uses: (a) That part of a sermon or
discourse in which the principles before laid down and illustrated are
applied to practical uses; the "moral" of a fable. (b) The use of the
principles of one science for the purpose of enlarging or perfecting
another; as, the application of algebra to geometry.
- n. - The capacity of being practically applied or used;
relevancy; as, a rule of general application.
4 Syllable Words Starting with?