How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - To go up; to ascend.
- n. - To rise or reach by an accumulation of particular sums or
quantities; to come (to) in the aggregate or whole; -- with to or unto.
- n. - To rise, reach, or extend in effect, substance, or
influence; to be equivalent; to come practically (to); as, the
testimony amounts to very little.
- v. t. - To signify; to amount to.
- n. - The sum total of two or more sums or quantities; the
aggregate; the whole quantity; a totality; as, the amount of 7 and 9 is
16; the amount of a bill; the amount of this year's revenue.
- n. - The effect, substance, value, significance, or result; the
sum; as, the amount of the testimony is this.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?