How many syllables in Allay
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To make quiet or put at rest; to pacify or appease; to
quell; to calm; as, to allay popular excitement; to allay the tumult of
- v. t. - To alleviate; to abate; to mitigate; as, to allay the
severity of affliction or the bitterness of adversity.
- v. t. - To diminish in strength; to abate; to subside.
- n. - Alleviation; abatement; check.
- n. - Alloy.
- v. t. - To mix (metals); to mix with a baser metal; to alloy; to
2 Syllable Words Starting with?