How many syllables in Affix
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To subjoin, annex, or add at the close or end; to append
to; to fix to any part of; as, to affix a syllable to a word; to affix
a seal to an instrument; to affix one's name to a writing.
- v. t. - To fix or fasten in any way; to attach physically.
- v. t. - To attach, unite, or connect with; as, names affixed to
ideas, or ideas affixed to things; to affix a stigma to a person; to
affix ridicule or blame to any one.
- v. t. - To fix or fasten figuratively; -- with on or upon; as,
eyes affixed upon the ground.
- n. - That which is affixed; an appendage; esp. one or more
letters or syllables added at the end of a word; a suffix; a postfix.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?