How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - Relationship by marriage (as between a husband and his
wife's blood relations, or between a wife and her husband's blood
relations); -- in contradistinction to consanguinity, or relationship
by blood; -- followed by with, to, or between.
- n. - Kinship generally; close agreement; relation; conformity;
resemblance; connection; as, the affinity of sounds, of colors, or of
- n. - Companionship; acquaintance.
- n. - That attraction which takes place, at an insensible
distance, between the heterogeneous particles of bodies, and unites
them to form chemical compounds; chemism; chemical or elective affinity
- n. - A relation between species or highe/ groups dependent on
resemblance in the whole plan of structure, and indicating community of
- n. - A superior spiritual relationship or attraction held to
exist sometimes between persons, esp. persons of the opposite sex;
also, the man or woman who exerts such psychical or spiritual
4 Syllable Words Starting with?