How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - The act of affecting or acting upon; the state of being
- n. - An attribute; a quality or property; a condition; a
bodily state; as, figure, weight, etc. , are affections of bodies.
- n. - Bent of mind; a feeling or natural impulse or natural
impulse acting upon and swaying the mind; any emotion; as, the
benevolent affections, esteem, gratitude, etc.; the malevolent
affections, hatred, envy, etc.; inclination; disposition; propensity;
- n. - A settled good will; kind feeling; love; zealous or
tender attachment; -- often in the pl. Formerly followed by to, but now
more generally by for or towards; as, filial, social, or conjugal
affections; to have an affection for or towards children.
- n. - Prejudice; bias.
- n. - Disease; morbid symptom; malady; as, a pulmonary
3 Syllable Words Starting with?