How many syllables in Admit
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To suffer to enter; to grant entrance, whether into a
place, or into the mind, or consideration; to receive; to take; as,
they were into his house; to admit a serious thought into the mind; to
admit evidence in the trial of a cause.
- v. t. - To give a right of entrance; as, a ticket admits one into
- v. t. - To allow (one) to enter on an office or to enjoy a
privilege; to recognize as qualified for a franchise; as, to admit an
attorney to practice law; the prisoner was admitted to bail.
- v. t. - To concede as true; to acknowledge or assent to, as an
allegation which it is impossible to deny; to own or confess; as, the
argument or fact is admitted; he admitted his guilt.
- v. t. - To be capable of; to permit; as, the words do not admit
such a construction. In this sense, of may be used after the verb, or
may be omitted.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?