How many syllables in Acute
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- a. - Sharp at the end; ending in a sharp point; pointed; --
opposed to blunt or obtuse; as, an acute angle; an acute leaf.
- a. - Having nice discernment; perceiving or using minute
distinctions; penetrating; clever; shrewd; -- opposed to dull or
stupid; as, an acute observer; acute remarks, or reasoning.
- a. - Having nice or quick sensibility; susceptible to slight
impressions; acting keenly on the senses; sharp; keen; intense; as, a
man of acute eyesight, hearing, or feeling; acute pain or pleasure.
- a. - High, or shrill, in respect to some other sound; -- opposed
to grave or low; as, an acute tone or accent.
- a. - Attended with symptoms of some degree of severity, and
coming speedily to a crisis; -- opposed to chronic; as, an acute
- v. t. - To give an acute sound to; as, he acutes his rising
inflection too much.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?