How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. i. - Attestation of a fact or an event; testimony.
- v. i. - That which furnishes evidence or proof.
- v. i. - One who is cognizant; a person who beholds, or
otherwise has personal knowledge of, anything; as, an eyewitness; an
- v. i. - One who testifies in a cause, or gives evidence before
a judicial tribunal; as, the witness in court agreed in all essential
- v. i. - One who sees the execution of an instrument, and
subscribes it for the purpose of confirming its authenticity by his
testimony; one who witnesses a will, a deed, a marriage, or the like.
- v. t. - To see or know by personal presence; to have direct
2 Syllable Words Starting with?