How many syllables in Toll
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To take away; to vacate; to annul.
- v. t. - To draw; to entice; to allure. See Tole.
- v. t. - To cause to sound, as a bell, with strokes slowly and
uniformly repeated; as, to toll the funeral bell.
- v. t. - To strike, or to indicate by striking, as the hour; to
ring a toll for; as, to toll a departed friend.
- v. t. - To call, summon, or notify, by tolling or ringing.
- v. i. - To sound or ring, as a bell, with strokes uniformly
repeated at intervals, as at funerals, or in calling assemblies, or to
announce the death of a person.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?