How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - One who tills; a husbandman; a cultivator; a plowman.
- n. - A shoot of a plant, springing from the root or bottom of
the original stalk; a sucker.
- n. - A sprout or young tree that springs from a root or stump.
- n. - A young timber tree.
- v. i. - To put forth new shoots from the root, or round the
bottom of the original stalk; as, wheat or rye tillers; some spread
plants by tillering.
- n. - A lever of wood or metal fitted to the rudder head and used
for turning side to side in steering. In small boats hand power is
used; in large vessels, the tiller is moved by means of mechanical
appliances. See Illust. of Rudder. Cf. 2d Helm, 1.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?