How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To bring under; to conquer by force or the exertion of
superior power, and bring into permanent subjection; to reduce under
dominion; to vanquish.
- v. t. - To overpower so as to disable from further resistance;
- v. t. - To destroy the force of; to overcome; as, medicines
subdue a fever.
- v. t. - To render submissive; to bring under command; to reduce
to mildness or obedience; to tame; as, to subdue a stubborn child; to
subdue the temper or passions.
- v. t. - To overcome, as by persuasion or other mild means; as,
to subdue opposition by argument or entreaties.
- v. t. - To reduce to tenderness; to melt; to soften; as, to
subdue ferocity by tears.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?