How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To destroy the life of by suffocation; to deprive of
the air necessary for life; to cover up closely so as to prevent
breathing; to suffocate; as, to smother a child.
- v. t. - To affect as by suffocation; to stife; to deprive of
air by a thick covering, as of ashes, of smoke, or the like; as, to
smother a fire.
- v. t. - Hence, to repress the action of; to cover from public
view; to suppress; to conceal; as, to smother one's displeasure.
- v. i. - To be suffocated or stifled.
- v. i. - To burn slowly, without sufficient air; to smolder.
- v. t. - Stifling smoke; thick dust.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?