How many syllables in Sling
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - An instrument for throwing stones or other missiles,
consisting of a short strap with two strings fastened to its ends, or
with a string fastened to one end and a light stick to the other. The
missile being lodged in a hole in the strap, the ends of the string are
taken in the hand, and the whole whirled rapidly round until, by
loosing one end, the missile is let fly with centrifugal force.
- v. t. - The act or motion of hurling as with a sling; a throw;
figuratively, a stroke.
- v. t. - A contrivance for sustaining anything by suspension
- v. t. - A kind of hanging bandage put around the neck, in which a
wounded arm or hand is supported.
- v. t. - A loop of rope, or a rope or chain with hooks, for
suspending a barrel, bale, or other heavy object, in hoisting or
- v. t. - A strap attached to a firearm, for suspending it from the
1 Syllable Words Starting with?