How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To lift up; to raise again, as one who has fallen; to
cause to rise.
- v. t. - To cause to seem to rise; to put in relief; to give
prominence or conspicuousness to; to set off by contrast.
- v. t. - To raise up something in; to introduce a contrast or
variety into; to remove the monotony or sameness of.
- v. t. - To raise or remove, as anything which depresses, weighs
down, or crushes; to render less burdensome or afflicting; to
alleviate; to abate; to mitigate; to lessen; as, to relieve pain; to
relieve the wants of the poor.
- v. t. - To free, wholly or partly, from any burden, trial,
evil, distress, or the like; to give ease, comfort, or consolation to;
to give aid, help, or succor to; to support, strengthen, or deliver;
as, to relieve a besieged town.
- v. t. - To release from a post, station, or duty; to put
another in place of, or to take the place of, in the bearing of any
burden, or discharge of any duty.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?