How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To make such as is required; to give added or requisite
qualities to; to fit, as for a place, office, occupation, or character;
to furnish with the knowledge, skill, or other accomplishment necessary
for a purpose; to make capable, as of an employment or privilege; to
supply with legal power or capacity.
- v. t. - To give individual quality to; to modulate; to vary; to
- v. t. - To reduce from a general, undefined, or comprehensive
form, to particular or restricted form; to modify; to limit; to
restrict; to restrain; as, to qualify a statement, claim, or
- v. t. - Hence, to soften; to abate; to diminish; to assuage; to
reduce the strength of, as liquors.
- v. t. - To soothe; to cure; -- said of persons.
- v. i. - To be or become qualified; to be fit, as for an office
3 Syllable Words Starting with?