How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- a. - Belonging to one; one's own; individual.
- a. - Belonging to the natural or essential constitution;
peculiar; not common; particular; as, every animal has his proper
instincts and appetites.
- a. - Befitting one's nature, qualities, etc.; suitable in all
respect; appropriate; right; fit; decent; as, water is the proper
element for fish; a proper dress.
- a. - Becoming in appearance; well formed; handsome.
- a. - Pertaining to one of a species, but not common to the
whole; not appellative; -- opposed to common; as, a proper name; Dublin
is the proper name of a city.
- a. - Rightly so called; strictly considered; as, Greece proper;
the garden proper.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?