How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. - The act of professing or claiming; open declaration;
public avowal or acknowledgment; as, professions of friendship; a
profession of faith.
- v. - That which one professed; a declaration; an avowal; a
claim; as, his professions are insincere.
- v. - That of which one professed knowledge; the occupation,
if not mechanical, agricultural, or the like, to which one devotes
one's self; the business which one professes to understand, and to
follow for subsistence; calling; vocation; employment; as, the
profession of arms; the profession of a clergyman, lawyer, or
physician; the profession of lecturer on chemistry.
- v. - The collective body of persons engaged in a calling;
as, the profession distrust him.
- v. - The act of entering, or becoming a member of, a
3 Syllable Words Starting with?