How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- a. - Highest in rank, authority, character, importance, or
degree; most considerable or important; chief; main; as, the principal
officers of a Government; the principal men of a state; the principal
productions of a country; the principal arguments in a case.
- a. - Of or pertaining to a prince; princely.
- n. - A leader, chief, or head; one who takes the lead; one
who acts independently, or who has controlling authority or influence;
as, the principal of a faction, a school, a firm, etc.; --
distinguished from a subordinate, abettor, auxiliary, or assistant.
- n. - The chief actor in a crime, or an abettor who is present
at it, -- as distinguished from an accessory.
- n. - A chief obligor, promisor, or debtor, -- as
distinguished from a surety.
- n. - One who employs another to act for him, -- as
distinguished from an agent.
3 Syllable Words Starting with?