How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - The fine particles to which any dry substance is reduced by
pounding, grinding, or triturating, or into which it falls by decay;
- n. - An explosive mixture used in gunnery, blasting, etc.;
gunpowder. See Gunpowder.
- v. t. - To reduce to fine particles; to pound, grind, or rub
into a powder; to comminute; to pulverize; to triturate.
- v. t. - To sprinkle with powder, or as with powder; to be
sprinkle; as, to powder the hair.
- v. t. - To sprinkle with salt; to corn, as meat.
- v. i. - To be reduced to powder; to become like powder; as, some
salts powder easily.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?