How many syllables in Pit
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A large cavity or hole in the ground, either natural or
artificial; a cavity in the surface of a body; an indentation
- n. - The shaft of a coal mine; a coal pit.
- n. - A large hole in the ground from which material is dug or
quarried; as, a stone pit; a gravel pit; or in which material is made
by burning; as, a lime pit; a charcoal pit.
- n. - A vat sunk in the ground; as, a tan pit.
- n. - Any abyss; especially, the grave, or hades.
- n. - A covered deep hole for entrapping wild beasts; a pitfall;
hence, a trap; a snare. Also used figuratively.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?