How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - The general and popular term for a firm, upright, insulated
support for a superstructure; a pier, column, or post; also, a column
or shaft not supporting a superstructure, as one erected for a monument
or an ornament.
- n. - Figuratively, that which resembles such a pillar in
appearance, character, or office; a supporter or mainstay; as, the
Pillars of Hercules; a pillar of the state.
- n. - A portable ornamental column, formerly carried before a
cardinal, as emblematic of his support to the church.
- n. - The center of the volta, ring, or manege ground, around
which a horse turns.
- a. - Having a support in the form of a pillar, instead of legs;
as, a pillar drill.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?