How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A payment; a tribute; something paid or given.
- n. - A stated allowance to a person in consideration of past
services; payment made to one retired from service, on account of age,
disability, or other cause; especially, a regular stipend paid by a
government to retired public officers, disabled soldiers, the families
of soldiers killed in service, or to meritorious authors, or the like.
- n. - A certain sum of money paid to a clergyman in lieu of
- n. - A boarding house or boarding school in France, Belgium,
- v. t. - To grant a pension to; to pay a regular stipend to; in
consideration of service already performed; -- sometimes followed by
off; as, to pension off a servant.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?