How many syllables in Mitre
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A covering for the head, worn on solemn occasions by church
dignitaries. It has been made in many forms, the present form being a
lofty cap with two points or peaks.
- n. - The surface forming the beveled end or edge of a piece where
a miter joint is made; also, a joint formed or a junction effected by
two beveled ends or edges; a miter joint.
- n. - A sort of base money or coin.
- v. t. - To place a miter upon; to adorn with a miter.
- v. t. - To match together, as two pieces of molding or brass rule
on a line bisecting the angle of junction; to bevel the ends or edges
of, for the purpose of matching together at an angle.
- v. i. - To meet and match together, as two pieces of molding, on
a line bisecting the angle of junction.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?