How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A standard of dimension; a fixed unit of quantity or
extent; an extent or quantity in the fractions or multiples of which
anything is estimated and stated; hence, a rule by which anything is
adjusted or judged.
- n. - An instrument by means of which size or quantity is
measured, as a graduated line, rod, vessel, or the like.
- n. - The dimensions or capacity of anything, reckoned according
to some standard; size or extent, determined and stated; estimated
extent; as, to take one's measure for a coat.
- n. - The contents of a vessel by which quantity is measured; a
quantity determined by a standard; a stated or limited quantity or
- n. - Extent or degree not excessive or beyong bounds;
moderation; due restraint; esp. in the phrases, in measure; with
measure; without or beyond measure.
- n. - Determined extent, not to be exceeded; limit; allotted
share, as of action, influence, ability, or the like; due proportion.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?