How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - That of which anything is composed; constituent substance;
material; the material or substantial part of anything; the constituent
elements of conception; that into which a notion may be analyzed; the
essence; the pith; the embodiment.
- n. - That of which the sensible universe and all existent bodies
are composed; anything which has extension, occupies space, or is
perceptible by the senses; body; substance.
- n. - That with regard to, or about which, anything takes place
or is done; the thing aimed at, treated of, or treated; subject of
action, discussion, consideration, feeling, complaint, legal action, or
the like; theme.
- n. - That which one has to treat, or with which one has to do;
concern; affair; business.
- n. - Affair worthy of account; thing of consequence; importance;
significance; moment; -- chiefly in the phrases what matter ? no
matter, and the like.
- n. - Inducing cause or occasion, especially of anything
disagreeable or distressing; difficulty; trouble.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?