How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To turn over; to put upside down; to upset; to place in
a contrary order or direction; to reverse; as, to invert a cup, the
order of words, rules of justice, etc.
- v. t. - To change the position of; -- said of tones which form a
chord, or parts which compose harmony.
- v. t. - To divert; to convert to a wrong use.
- v. t. - To convert; to reverse; to decompose by, or subject to,
inversion. See Inversion, n., 10.
- v. i. - To undergo inversion, as sugar.
- a. - Subjected to the process of inversion; inverted; converted;
as, invert sugar.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?